What is the Chime Loan Program?
Area 6 owns one three-octave set of handchimes per state, and will lend one set to a school for one academic year. Each recipient will also receive a $50 gift certificate to be used to purchase educational materials.
Who is eligible?
Any public school music program which would like to incorporate chimes into their curriculum.
What is the responsibility of the Music Educator?
* To incorporate chimes in the school music program for up to one academic year.
* To utilize chimes in at least two concerts during the academic year.
* To explore the possibility of purchasing a set of chimes for ongoing use in the music classroom.
* To return the chimes to the Area 6 STATE Chair at the end school year.
What is the responsibility of the school?
* Provide insurance coverage based on the replacement value of the chimes, accessories, and equipment while in possession of and in transit from the school district.
* Pay postage and/or shipping fees for receipt and return of the chimes to the appropriate Area 6 State Chair.
AREA 6 OFFERS:
* A local or regional Handbell Musicians of America mentor
* Scholarship opportunities to an Area 6 Festival or National Seminar
* Hands-on training time with the Area 6 mentor
How do I apply?
Please fill out the online application form. The application will automatically be delivered to the State Chair, however you will need to send the proof of insurance as a separate attachment to your State Chair: